Columbian College offers summer scholarships through the CCAS Dean’s Summer Scholarship program.
Questions about the CCAS Dean's Summer Scholarship should be sent to [email protected].
- Be a current undergraduate CCAS student (CCAS must be the applicant’s primary school)
- Receive need-based financial aid (not student loans) during the regular academic year
- Be registered for CCAS summer course(s)
- Have submitted a current FAFSA form for the 2018 - 2019 academic year
Please note: Students may apply for multiple sources of financial aid; however, students who receive summer financial aid from other GW sources cannot also receive the CCAS Dean's Summer Scholarship.
About the Award
The CCAS Dean's Summer Scholarship can be used for on-campus and online CCAS summer courses. Funding is limited, but priority will be given to students who are taking courses for G-PAC or major requirements.
Students who receive summer financial aid from other GW sources (e.g., Summer Academy) cannot also receive the CCAS Dean's Summer Scholarship.
How to Apply
- Register for CCAS summer course(s).
This step is very important, as one of the factors considered is the coursework the student intends to take and why. Payment is not required at the time of course registration. Decisions will be sent in time for students to drop the courses with no financial or academic penalty. Applications by students who have not registered for summer classes will be denied.
- During the application period, submit a CCAS Dean's Summer Scholarship application form for each course.
- The application will be open from Friday, March 1, to Sunday, April 14.
- Students will receive notification of awards by Wednesday, May 1.