Columbian College offers funding assistance to qualified students who have graduated from an eligible minority-serving institution (MSI). Qualified students will receive an application fee waiver and be eligible for a tuition award of approximately 40 percent.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- apply before the 1 February application deadline for Fall and 1 October deadline for Spring.
- be admitted to a Columbian College master's degree, graduate certificate program or PsyD program;
- expect to receive an undergraduate degree from an eligible MSI or already hold such a degree; and
- be enrolled in a Columbian College graduate program to receive the tuition benefit, renewable for the normal duration of the degree.
How to request an application fee waiver:
- Create an account within the Student Portal.
- Fill out the application as suggested.
- Once you complete your application, after you click Review Application and then Save & Pay.
- At the payment option you will be able to request a fee waiver and enter the reason for the request.
- For the reason: "MSI award + eligible institution"
Within two business days of your request you will receive an approval or denial email, at which point you can then proceed with the submission of your application. If none of these criteria apply to you, you must pay the fee in order to submit your application. Case-by-case exceptions are unfortunately not available.
All applicants from eligible MSI are eligible regardless of race, ethnicity, or national origin.
The MSI Award is for traditional fall and spring semesters only unless the program requires summer registration. Master's students must be enrolled full-time to receive the award; graduate certificate awardees may be enrolled part-time.
Effective Spring 2020 for eligible institutions. This list is currently under review for Fall 2021 application.
- Bowie State University
- California State University, Dominguez Hills
- Clark Atlanta University
- Dillard University
- Florida A&M University
- Florida International University
- Hampton University
- Howard University
- Jackson State University
- Metropolitan University of Puerto Rico
- Morehouse College
- Morgan State University
- Norfolk State University
- North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University
- North Carolina Central University
- Spelman College
- Tuskegee University
- University of Maryland, Eastern Shore
- University of Puerto Rico, Aguadilla
- University of Puerto Rico, Arecibo
- University of Puerto Rico, Bayamón
- University of Puerto Rico, Carolina
- University of Puerto Rico, Cayey
- University of Puerto Rico, Humacao
- University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
- University of Puerto Rico, Medical Sciences Campus
- University of Puerto Rico, Ponce
- University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras
- University of Puerto Rico, Utuado
- University of the District of Columbia
- Virginia State University
- Xavier University of Louisiana
'I decided to attend [GW] because of the amazing faculty and the opportunity to study in DC. .. the Minority-Serving Institution (MSI) award was crucial when I decided to attend the George Washington University."
MPA '20, Public Administration
- Admitted Graduate Students