Graduate Student Forms

All forms listed on this page should be completed in full and submitted to [email protected] for approval.  All forms marked as Registrar forms will require Registrar approval before processing.  The Office of Graduate Studies will forward approved forms to the Registrar for you.


Arbitrary or Capricious Academic Evaluation Allegation (PDF)

To be used when submitting an academic evaluation allegation.  Please review the guidance and procedures on cases of arbitrary or capricious academic evaluation before completing this form.

Consortium Registration (Registrar form)

To be used when registering for a consortium class.  Please take note of the registration deadlines as these differ from regular registration deadlines. Your program must approve and indicate how the course applies to your degree requirements before it is submitted to our office. This form needs to be signed by your faculty advisor and returned to our office.

Consortium Drop (Registrar form)

To be used to drop a consortium registration.

Dual Enrollment Application Form (PDF)

Complete this form if you are applying to register in one of CCAS's approved dual degree programs. If you wish to register simultaneously in other 2 GW programs, you must submit the petition form below.

Extension Request (PDF)

Complete this form if you are nearing your time to degree completion and need additional time to complete your degree.  All requests must be submitted with the required documentation and no later than the last semester of your program time limit.

Half-Time/Full-Time Certification (Registrar form)

To be certified as a half-time or full-time student when you are not registered in the correct number of credits.   This form needs to be signed by your faculty advisor and returned to our office.

Incomplete Contract (PDF)

Complete the incomplete contract when requesting an incomplete grade for a course.  It must be signed by the course instructor and the DGS for your program.

Leave of Absence (LOA) Form (PDF)

Submit this form if you need to take a LOA from your program of study.  All LOA requests must be submitted either prior to or during the semester of the request (no later than the last day of class).  No retroactive requests will be permitted.

Petition Form (PDF)

A petition is used to request an exemption on a university of CCAS policy (where permitted).  

Registration Transaction Form (RTF) (Registrar form)

To manually register for a class.  The RTF must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies for approval first. The RTF is used for the following:

Time conflicts, grade mode changes, credit hours changes, exceeding maximum credits, repeating courses, internships, registrations beyond 4th week of the semester, withdrawals beyond 10th week of the semester

Registration Transaction Form (RTF-EZ) (Registrar form)

To manually register for a class.  The RTF-EZ does not require Dean's level approval and must be submitted in hand to the Student Services Hub for processing. The RTF EZ is used for the following:

Registration into closed courses, Courses that require department/instructor permission, course restrictions, pre-requisite waivers.

Transfer of Credit (PDF)

Complete this form if you are applying to transfer credit from a non GW or GW program.


Advancement to Candidacy Form (PDF)

Complete this form if you have completed all requirements and intend on advancing to candidacy.

Degree Along The Way Application Form (PDF)

Complete this form if you are intending on completing a masters degree on your way to completing your Doctoral program.  

Dissertation Examination/Defense Form (PDF)

Complete this form if you plan on defending your dissertation in the current semester.

Final Dissertation Committee Sign-Off (PDF)

Final sign-off and approval of dissertation. This form must be completed and submitted to us directly from the Dissertation Committee Director or Chair.