It's your season to shine!
Summer session offers students a variety of courses designed to broaden the mind and enhance skills. You can fulfill requirements, take in-demand courses that fill up quickly during the regular academic year and get a leg up on prerequisites. Undergraduates can also complete multiple G-PAC requirements with a single course.
Summer courses are available to undergraduate, graduate and non-degree seeking students. Working professionals and students from other universities can also take advantage of enrolling in GW's summer session. Columbian College also offers summer scholarships to eligible undergraduate students through the CCAS Dean’s Summer Scholarship program. Find more registration information for current, visiting, non-degree and consortium students.
Satisfy prerequisites for an upcoming semester or complete courses for your major while making progress toward graduation.
Summer online classes provide flexibility and accessibility for working professionals and students with internships and summer jobs.
Check the course listing from the Office of the Registrar for more information on individual course execution.
Summer Institutes offer an in-depth analysis of topics with a thematic focus. Each program incorporates unparalleled resources and key institutions unique to Washington, D.C.
Summer EAP courses are designed for students who are non-native English speakers wishing to strengthen their academic writing, research and communication skills.
Important 2022 Dates
- Registration: March 15–May 15
- Late Registration (with fee): May 16–27
- Last day to add a class via GWeb: May 22
- Last day to drop a class: May 22
- Last day to add classes via RTF-EZ: May 27
- Registration: March 15–June 26
- Late Registration (with fee): June 27–July 8
- Last day to add a class via GWeb: July 4
- Last day to drop a class: July 4
- Last day to add a class via RTF-EZ: July 8
- Session I Begins: May 16
- Memorial Day (no classes): May 30
- Session II Begins: June 27
- Independence Day (no classes): July 4
Complete Your Degree Requirements
CCAS undergraduate students can fulfill General Education Curriculum (G-PAC) requirements over the summer. Some courses even satisfy two or more G-PACs at once.
Many CCAS summer courses count toward the Elliott School and University General Education Requirements that Elliott School students need for their undergraduate programs.
Undergraduate students in the GW School of Business can take CCAS summer courses to help fulfill GWSB and University General Education Requirements.
If you have any questions about course eligibility and/or degree requirements, please contact the academic advising office at your school.
Undergraduate and graduate summer tuition rates are charged by the credit hour and may vary by program and location. Depending upon how much financial aid a student receives during the regular school year, this may actually be less expensive than the same class taken during the school year.
- Undergraduate tuition rates: Individual undergraduate summer classes are charged at the current part-time tuition rate. Some institutes may have reduced tuition.
- Graduate tuition rates: Graduate tuition is charged per credit hour, unless otherwise noted. Rates vary by program and location.