Graduate Ambassadors represent George Washington University and the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences. Their primary responsibility is to provide a fair and accurate representation of the University. They provide support to a variety of projects and programs within the Office of Graduate Studies and are invaluable to prospective students searching for a peer's perspective on student life, academics, networking opportunities, and the benefits of attending specific programs at GWU.
This position is for 8 to 10 hours per week during the academic year. During peak times, the hours may increase slightly to accommodate the needs of the office. Hours are flexible with the ability to work from home. Some local travel around the D.C., Maryland, and Virginia areas may be required. The desired start date is August 26th.
The 2019-2020 Graduate Ambassador Program job posting has been filled. Be sure to apply Summer 2020!!
- Must be a current CCAS graduate student.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Must be committed for at least 1 year.
- Possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Be well-presented and comfortable speaking to large groups.
- Correspond with prospective and admitted students through various communication mediums including emails, phone calls, written letters, and in-person interactions.
- Enter prospective student contact information into our CRM.
- Assist, organize, and coordinate program information sessions, classroom visitations, and college-wide information events.
- Produces prospective student follow-up reports regarding activities and future plans.
- Participate in large-scale graduate student recruitment programs such as Open House, Admitted Students Day, and local/regional graduate fairs.
- Participate in monthly online Grad Chats.
- Serve as an informed representative of their program by participating in student panels for CCAS recruitment events throughout the year.
- Send weekly/monthly reports to support assessment efforts.
- Post on social media and contribute to the CCAS graduate student blog.
- Provide school specific tours for prospective students.
- Assist with other office duties as assigned.